Saturday 5 February 2011

Nicking From Others: Sunshine Spotlight

Don't worry - I have not simply nicked the idea, I've asked her permission and Nan kindly allowed me to pick up on her idea of showing some sunny pictures.

Today, I am happy to report an impressive 12 Celsius and sunshine (that's around 53 Fahrenheit, which is rather mild after the frosty days we've have until very recently), and I went for a walk on the quite muddy fields with my sister in the early afternoon.

The pictures here were taken a week ago, when it was still cold but the sun made for some beautiful effects in my flat, with both my living room and bed room facing South:

12 comments:

  1. Love the photos and so glad to visit your flat. Always fun to see how our friends live; satisfies our need to 'snoop!'
    I think I'll borrow from you and Nan and go round my house making pictures of the sun peeking in; should lighten the winter greys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like them, Jill! Did you notice my Pukky on the first picture? :-) (This was unplanned, I only realized she was on there when I transferred the pics from the camera to the PC)
    If you take some sun pictures yourself, that would be a nice start for your own blog, wouldn't it? *nudge* :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, this would make a good exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I did see Pukky at once! Cats are such interesting critters; always the center of attention even when they are sleeping peacefully on their little round beds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful, beautiful pictures! And you didn't need to ask permission!!! 53! we won't see that on the thermometer for ages yet. ;<)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Nan :-)
    Well, the mild temperature is a thing of the past already; right now we have -1 Celsius / around 30 F, which definitely calls for my big padded winter coat again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Die Fotos sind echt zu lustig,
    vor allem Nummer 1,
    und die Katze die links am schlafen ist (;
    Die Bettwäsche von Bild 2 gefällt mir auch sehr sehr gut ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Danke, Mella :-) Du hast sicher sofort erkannt, woher die Bettwäsche ist, hi hi

    ReplyDelete
  9. my fave is your own shadow! thanks for the kind words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following the link I left in my comment to your post :-)

      Delete
  10. Beautiful - love the first one, with your outline in shadow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gillian! Looking at that one now makes me quite nostalgic; my dear old cat was still alive back then...

      Delete